Cosmetic dentistry is all about maintaining the health of your teeth, all while improving your aesthetic appearance. It’s aimed at creating a positive impact on your smile by maintaining its overall function, health, and appearance. Cosmetic dentistry compliments general dentistry by creating smile enhancements that boost your appearance and make you want to smile even more. At Glow Dental NYC, cosmetic procedures work hand-in-hand with general dentistry, and we provide various cosmetic procedures, including:
- Composite Fillings – A direct restoration that uses composite resin to restore teeth with small to medium cavities.
- Dental Bonding – This service adheres composite filling to the surface of your teeth for a brighter smile.
- Teeth Whitening – Teeth whitening uses professional-grade hydrogen peroxide gel to remove stains from your teeth.
- Porcelain Veneers – Veneers restore the look and feel of your smile through porcelain thin shells that adhere to the surface of the teeth.
- Crowns and Bridges – Crowns and bridges replace one or sets of teeth with caps, or crowns, for teeth that suffered from cavities and decay.
- Dental Implants – Dental implants replace the entire tooth and use anchor posts to attach a new tooth inside the mouth.
Did You Know?
The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry found that 99% of American adults believe having a great smile is important in social situations. This shows the importance of having an aesthetically-pleasing smile.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What can cosmetic dentistry fix?
Cosmetic dentistry can fix a variety of cosmetic concerns, including:
- Damaged teeth (cracked or chipped)
- Oddly shaped teeth
- Unevenly sized teeth
- Discolored teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Overlapping or gap teeth
- Missing teeth
- Gummy smiles
What can I expect during my cosmetic dental visit?
During your cosmetic dental visit, you can expect to undergo a dental examination where Dr. Huang will assess the condition of your teeth, gums, and jaw. She will then ask you about your treatment goals and discuss which cosmetic treatment would work best for you. Depending on your current level of oral health, she may also recommend restorative procedures as well. This is because cosmetic dentistry works best when the teeth themselves are in good condition. However, there is an overlap between restorative and cosmetic dentistry. Both types of dentistry focus on restoring the function of the teeth, but cosmetic dentistry also focuses on making the smile visually appealing in addition to being functional.
How do I choose a cosmetic dental treatment?
Dr. Huang will listen to your cosmetic concerns and assess your oral health to help you choose the best cosmetic treatment for your smile. However, there are some things you may want to consider before your cosmetic consultation. Here are a few questions to ask yourself to determine what your treatment goals are:
- What do you not like about your smile?
- What do you like about your smile?
- Are your teeth damaged?
- Do you have missing teeth?
- Are your teeth stained?
- Do you have problems with alignment or spacing?
- Are you looking to change multiple things about your smile?
- If you could change ONE thing about your smile, what would it be?
- How long are you willing to commit to treatment & recovery?
- What is your budget?
How long does cosmetic dentistry last?
The lifespan of your cosmetic dental treatment will depend on the type of treatment you decide upon. Each cosmetic dental treatment offers its own method to enhancing your smile, as well as its own lifespan. For example, teeth whitening has a significantly shorter lifespan than dental implants, however both treatments also work very differently. During your cosmetic consultation, Dr. Huang will discuss the proposed treatment plan in depth and will cover things like what to expect during and after treatment, cost, and how long the treatment is expected to last.